Saturday 31 May 2014

Bookmarks

I have a lot of bookmarks. A lot of bookmarks. Funny thing is, I never use them.

When I start a new book, I'm always too engrossed with it and normally I'll finish it the day I started it or the day after. So I never got time to use a bookmark because I never put it down. If I get interrupted, I'll use whatever it's on my reach: money, pencils, papers, sometimes other books, even my phone. Most times I just memorize the number off the page and close it. And when I do remember to look for a bookmark, I'm too into the book and I don't want to put it down to go look for it. And then I finish the book. And the process begins once again.

It's not really as awful as it could. I have a good memory, so must of the times I remember the pages. But sometimes I forget or I'm not sure it's the correct page. It's come to a point where it's frustrating me a bit. And I think it's time to change that.

I have decided to put a challenge on myself. I have to learn to use bookmarks. I need to learn to use them.

I have been tossing ideas for improving that and one of those ideas was to make a bookmark myself. But not any kind of bookmark, a monthly bookmark. It will be themed with a favorite book of mine. And it will have space for me to copy all of the books I've read on the month. And on the back, the books I plan to read that month. This way, I will be looking at something that I like and I will also have something to do on it so I'll be kind of obligatory for me to have it every time.

I will be making this bookmark soon and, of course, I'll be sharing them with you every time. Which of course, will create a new thing in my blog. Every first of the month, I will be uploading a post about my bookmark and it'll have periodical updates. And at the end of the month, there'll be the final update of how did my bookmark do and how much did I respect my TBR, and also if the idea has succeed in my goal to learn to use bookmarks. So that's something for you to look out for on my blog.

That's just one of the ideas. There's other thing I will do as well, like trying to remember to pick a bookmark before I start reading a book. And to be more attentive to it.

If you have any other ideas that could help me in my challenge, you're more than welcome to share them and to improve my other ideas as well. If you liked it, tell me about it. If you think I'm loosing my time, tell me as well. Just tell me what you're thinking.

I'll post you later. Have a wonderful, full of books, non-spoiler day!

No comments:

Post a Comment