Saturday 24 May 2014

Introduction.

Welcome, welcome.

My name is Ana and I come here to deliver what you're yearning for. Yes, I know! Another book blog!

In all seriousness, I know the idea of having yet another book blog is not really appealing, but you've got to start somewhere.

Really, the reason for this blog's existence is more of a necessity rather than just me wanting to do this. I own a Goodreads account in which I post my reviews and thoughts of the books I read, just like everybody else. But I want more. I want to be able to speak a little more, not just reviews, but also my thoughts about other themes that I need to get off my chest. Not just books but the things that surround them and what comes with them, and I'm not able to do that with Goodreads. In it, it's just the specific review of an specific book. In this blog, I could talk about things I like to find in books, that thrill me and excite me, or the moods I'm feeling with a genre, whether it's boring me to death or I'm getting a kick at it, or maybe write about pet peeves that make my eyes twitch when I read or hear about. The possibilities are infinite. And I want that.

Most of you would say "Well, why don't you create a booktube vlog, you can make all those stuff there, too". Well, it's not a bad idea, but at the moment I find it terribly hard to even start planning the idea. It's a mixture of not enough books to buy, not the necessary time, not the machinery needed, between other stuff. Eventually, I'd like to get there. In the mean time, this will do just fine.

Now that I've explained my reasons, let's get in what this whole experiment will become. I love books, if you hadn't figured that out. And I read considerably fast. And I'd like to think I'm a decent writer. And in this blog, I'll have it all. I'm just starting and experimenting a little with this. For the moment, it will be most likely only book reviews, and updates as to what I'm reading and explanations about why I haven't read today, etc. But, as more response I get, I will be upgrading to the discussions I was talking about above. And maybe do it periodically. And, of course, I take suggestions as to what do you want to see or anything you'd like me to do. But mainly, and most importantly, book reviews.

There's not much else left to say except hope you embark on this "journey" or "experiment" with me and, most importantly, enjoy it.

I hope you have a wonderful, full of books, non-spoiler day!

No comments:

Post a Comment