Monday 30 June 2014

June Bookmark Wrap Up

June it's finally over! And I'm ready and super excited for July!

This month was super low on the reading side. It was my last month of school and it consisted of two weeks full of exams and the next two full of finals. You can imagine how it went?

Leaving that aside, I did manage to read three books this month. Yeah, just three...but, I plan on regaining all that time lost in July and August. I plan on reading a shit ton of books.


I respected my TBR (even though Percy Jackson wasn't in the original) but I didn't complete it, which is kind of a success for me, because I almost never respect my TBR.

I started reading City of Ashes first, but I found myself not as interested as I could, so somewhere in between I read The Lightning Thief and The Sea of Monsters. It was so much fun to reread the first two Percy Jackson books. It brought so much memories from when I was reading this books and it reminded me how funny and amazing they are. And because I read them in my iPod I was able to read them all the time, which was a clear advantage. I'm really glad I read them again, because there was a lot of stuff I didn't remember at all and was a bit revealing to me. I will talk more about them when I do a separate review of each.

As for City of Ashes, I have to say that it got so much better than what I remember of City of Bones. At first I had a hard time getting at it because I didn't really care much and because I didn't remember anything from the first one. So that was a problem. But by the end it got better and I kind of like it now. We'll see how it goes with the next ones.

That's all I read this month, so let's move on to the progress I made using my bookmark!

Good news, I actually used the bookmark! It was there when I left the book for rest and I didn't get lost at all. The only problem is that I still got the habit of leaving the book when I stand up to do something quick, which is a problem. But I guess I'll solve that with time and patience.

And that's it! This is my Bookmark Wrap Up, I really hope you enjoyed and if you have anything to share with me comment down below!

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful, full of books, non-spoiler day!

No comments:

Post a Comment