Saturday 12 July 2014

BookTubeAThon 2014!

It's that time of the year again! The BookTubeAThon is here! And it comes reloaded.

If for some reason you don't know what the BookTubeAThon is or have any questions about it, then here's a link for you to inform yourselves. BookTubeAThon

So, assuming you've informed yourselves about it, I am now going to tell you my plans for that week.

First of all, the BookTubeAThon comes with a bunch of challenges listed and as the very competitive person I am, I plan on completing them all! So, for that, I have created a TBR pile that will help me complete them in the most efficient way.


 This are just picture of the planning I did.


Starting by the first book, Ghostgirl. I've already read this book and the second one as well. But I have yet to read the third one. I have been planing for a long time now to marathon this series and what better moment than now! Reading this books will take off the list the "start and finish a series" and the "read a book with pictures in it" challenges. I will marathon the series and complete two challenges. That's what I call three birds with one stone.

Next up we have Catching Fire. Don't panic, yes, I have already read this book. I'm not that behind in books. Breath. The thing is I plan on rereading this series as well. And I have already reread The Hunger Games, so next would be Catching Fire, and this is the perfect opportunity. This will take off the list the "read a book with read in it" and the "read a book turned into movie and watch it" challenges.

After that I plan on reading The Distant Hours. This is a book that I've bee wanting to read for so long because it's by one of my favorite authors, Kate Morton, and I've read two of her four books. And I've heard everybody say that this is her best novel. And considering that the other two were amazing this must be heaven. But it's a book I've been wanting to read with free time, that I've been lacking this few months. But now is the time and I'm more than ready. This book will complete the "read a book by the genre you've read the least this year" and surprisingly, that genre is mystery! I'm a die hard fan of mystery novels and crime and suspense, and also historical fiction, but I've read nothing this year from mystery. And I want to read more mystery. I want to get back to my mystery mood. And I'm starting with this book.

Lastly, I will be reading Sarah's Key. This is another mystery, historical fiction book, which is great for my determination to read more mystery novels. This is another book I've been wanting to read for a long time, but never got around. And my mom keeps telling me to read and specially since lately I've been invested in World War and all that time I will like it more. So this book crosses the "read a book recommended by someone else" challenge.

And finally, the final challenge of reading seven books in total or 300 pages per day will depend on how well I do. Let's hope it all goes as planned.

Also, the BookTubeAThon has a YouTube part to it. Everyday, the booktubers are supposed to follow the instructions of the day, wheter it's show your favorite book or your top 5 authors. And I though that was a really cool idea and I wanted to do it myself, but I'm not a booktuber so it doesn't really work for me. Buuuuuuut, I'm doing them anyway.

Everyday, I'll be showing you and update of my books so far and how my day went, but also, I'll be showing you the challenges set for booktubers. And that way I'll have more fun!

I'm also going to use a bookmark where I'll be checking all the things I read and all the challenges I complete, etc. This way I won't loose track of anything and will be continuing to do my Bookmark thing.

That's it! If you have any thoughts about what I'm doing with the BookTubeAThon and you want to share them with me, then please leave a comment down below.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful, full of books, non-spoiler day!

Also, have some extra hipstery pictures I took. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment