Monday 14 July 2014

BookTubeAThon Day 1

Well hello guys! Isn't it a nice day today! Well, not for me!

In al seriousness, today hasn't really been productive to me at all. Yesterday I had this reunion to which I got home around 11pm. So this morning I woke up very late. And once I did woke up, I did some things I had to do and then I got a headache and it was a disaster let me tell you. My first day of the BookTubeAThon hasn't been productive at all and I've only read around 30 pages of Ghostgirl. Buuuuut, I promise to make up for it tomorrow (I hope). 

But let's move on from that and go on to the next thing. According to the video challenges, today I have to tell you about my top 3 books that I've read because if BookTube. So, here they are.



All of this books I've read solely or thanks to BookTube, that I probably wouldn't have picked up otherwise.

Starting by The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I first heard of it in a tumblr blog about books, where they seemed to mention Perks in every single post. I was intrigued by then. But it was later on when I saw one of my favorite BookTubers, Jessethereader, talk about it, that I finally decided to read the book. I did like this book, I thought it was very well done and very intriguing. Even though it didn't had an specific plot I thought that it is amazing and that it couldn't be better. I think I gave it a four or five stars or Goodreads.

Then we have Why We Broke Up. I saw this book in another of my favorite BookTube channels, Ariel Bissett. She recommend this book saying that it was a really good book and that the pictures were amazing and that the whole story is very interesting and a little heartbreaking. I got curious about it and wanted to read it immediately. Then, around Christmas, I was in a Drugstore with my mom when I suddenly see they have this small section of books at one side. I walk there just to check on what books did they have when suddenly I see this flash of read in front of me. I immediately though back to this hook and went to see. You had to see my surprised face when I found out it was actually that book. I was blowing of happiness. So, I begged my mom to buy me this book like you have no idea. And she did :). After that, I started reading this book piece by piece. I read a few chapters every night. And I found this book to be amazing. It was really good and the drawing were beautiful and you literally feel like you're going through a heartbreak with this. I really really liked and I think everyone should read this book. I gave it a 5 stars rating on Goodreads.

And lastly, my dear old friend. City of Bones. Actually, the whole series. That's the only reason why I'm reading them. I did wanted to read it back in 2010 or so. But I wasn't really pushed to it or anything. It was later on with BookTube that I decided to start reading them. Being honest, I did not like this series very much. They're kind of entertaining, but they're not really good literature and they have A LOT of flaws. But anyway, I'll take it.

And that's it, that was my first day of the BookTubeAThon, I hope tomorrow I can move on and read more than what I did today.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful, full of books, non-spoiler day!

No comments:

Post a Comment