Friday 29 August 2014

Lovesick by Tonya Hurley

Name: Lovesick
Author: Tonya Hurley
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult
General Thoughts: Nice for seat-warmer books.
Rating: 2.5/5 stars.

7146050

First Lines
I touch roses. 
Scarlet Kensington knew very well what awaited her when she crossed the Hawthorne High input and suddenly was overcome with a sickening floral and sweet aroma: the same only perceived in the room of a hospital or sanatorium. -Valentine's Day- sighed, partly in relief, partly from fear.
Lovesick is the third and final installment in the Ghostgirl trilogy. In it, Charlotte has finally found what seems like true love, but on the last day of her working at the station, they tell her some news that might not be so good. They have to go back.

Reading this book was kind...bleh. I must admit and give credit to the author, this book was hell of a lot better than the first two. I mean, a lot of the troubles I saw didn't shine as much in this book. They were still there, but not as present as before. But in reality, it was kind of boring and plot-less. I was 100 pages in and I still didn't know what the purpose of it all was. My general thoughts were that this book wasn't really something.

Charlotte isn't as annoying as always. She does make some stupid and unnecessary decisions but I didn't really care about them. Scarlet did become more annoying in this book. She was just in crisis that didn't make sense and I really didn't feel about. And the whole Petula being changed thing was really ridiculous. It was just plain weird.

The narrator constantly telling about things that it shouldn't be saying intensifies in this book. There was a point where I broke and just didn't want to continue reading anymore. But I managed.

And that "plot twist", like, I guessed it at the beginning of the book. It was so obvious.

**SPOILER**

Really, Maddy was behind the girl this whole time. Are you serious? That was so obvious. And stupid.

**SPOILER**

There were some good moments along the book, it had it's moments, and I think this book was the best of the three. But at the same time I felt that it was so dragged on, like, enough, leave Charlotte alone.

Also, the same I-caused-so-many-troubles-and-yet-at-the-end-it-doesn't-matter ending happened and it was a really bad case of it.

I'm just glad I'm done with this series, really, I'm just over with this.

Overall, this book is a nice seat-warmer (there just for boring and no-book-left moments) and I don't think I'll ever read them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment