Thursday 4 September 2014

August Bookmark Wrap Up

And it's over. Summer is gone, school begins, and so does the cold and the orange leaves and Halloween time and warm chocolate and AGH! I'm so excited.

But first we've got to wrap up this month so we can move on. Let's do this.



This month I read three books and DNF two books.

First book of the month was The Titan's Curse, the third installment in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. This book was a reread for me and I thought it was phenomenal. It was just as great as the first time I read it back in my childhood if not better. This is were it starts to show how it gets more serious and more "painful" in a way. Also, as I like to look at it, it is the beginning of Percabeth, because we get confused Percy for Annabeth and Aphrodite finally says it out load and even some small recognition from Percy. And this is also the book where Nico comes to the story. I'm really I'm rereading this series and I really can't hold my excitement for Blood of Olympus. Of course, I gave this book five out of five stars.

After that I read City of Lost Souls, the fifth and final owned-by-me book of the Mortal Instruments series. This book was...disturbing, in a way, I didn't like it that much and it was really slow to go trough. And my frustration with this series gets higher every time. And there's this particular scene that completely broke the camel of my patience with the MC, Clary. She is just so stupid, that I don't think I can handle the 700+ pages of City of Heavenly Fire, if I ever buy it. But, the important part is that I finally finished the books I did own and that I only have one to go is really comforting. I gave this book a two and half out of five stars, because I though it still had some good things in it.

And then I reread Catching Fire, the second book to the Hunger Games trilogy. And guys, it was amazing. I felt for the characters so much, like, I was hurt and laughing and almost crying and my heart was tight knot and it so amazing. I mean, the first time I read it was really good but I felt so much more than what I did the first time I read it. I don't know if it's because I know what is to come in the third book and that this where the only "happy" moments I'd get at all. But it was really good and I stand on my decision that Catching Fire is definitely the best of the three. And, obviously, I gave this book a five out of five stars.

Lastly, I'm still reading We Are Not Ourselves and Sense and Sensibility. Sense and Sensibility is amazing so far, I love it, I feel for all the MC characters, I love what is happening and if it wasn't because it is hard at time to read, I would be reading it in one sitting. I will be finishing it very soon. And for We Are Not Ourselves, I'm not really feeling it. Like, I don't understand what is the point of this book, or what the plot of this book is or even what is supposed to happened. I'm reading an ARC, provided to me by NetGalley, and I'm 35% in and I just don't see where we are headed with all this. It feels like he's just telling me a bunch of stories from the same characters and nothing really interesting happens and they cut out a lot of things and dwell on others than don't make much sense. I mean, I am liking it but I just don't get it. So, I'll struggle a bit more trough it but I don't see the situation changing anytime soon so maybe I'll stop reading it all together.

Anyway, this are the books I read this month, very short list, not much of an achievement or anything, but I'm happy with it.

Also, September is when I finally start school and I will be getting a lot less reading time than before, and I wanted to warn that this first semester I'll be very busy so I don't really know how often I will update or if I will fail at blogging or if the quality won't be as good as always. But I want to let you know that I'll try my best and try to get this blog going.

Once again, thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful, full of books, non spoiler day!

No comments:

Post a Comment