Sunday 3 August 2014

July Bookmark Wrap Up

And the most wonderful month of them all is over. Let us cry.

In all seriousness, July is over, another reading month has passed, my birthday passed as well. We also had the BookTubeAThon, which was a major failure for me. I went through some up and downs but I managed to get through it reading 5 books in total, which isn't much, but I'll take it. So without further ado, this are the books I read this month.



My first read this month was City of Glass. I though this book was good, definitely the best of the first three in the series. It was more action packed and had some pretty awesome stuff going on. But it was only good. Yet again I find myself annoyed at most of the characters, I don't really feel attached to any of them. A lot of the scenes didn't make sense, as in, they were saying and reacting to things in a completely different way as they should. This kind of things really bothers me in books, and I can't get past it. Also, it was highly predictable, I knew half the things that were going to happen at chapter two and the major plot twist was pretty obvious too. But it was better in a lot of senses. At the end I gave this 3.75 on Goodreads and left me feeling slightly better about wasting my time reading this series.

After that I followed the series reading City of Fallen Angels. This book, was just, meh. I didn't like it at all, I though it was plain boring, just some whining teenagers whining around and then doing stupid things and out of the blue, and then tortured Jace was just too much to me to handle, I really hated him in this book. He was starting to sound like Edward. Yeah, this Edward. Once again, highly predictable and really disappointing. And that ending was just ridiculous. I spent half the book rolling my eyes and the other thinking about anything except the book. It did have some good stuff to it, but they're too little to be highlighted.

Next I read the complete Ghostgirl series (excluding the novella, because I've had enough of this shit) which are Ghostgirl, Homecoming and Lovesick. I read the first two books back in 2011, maybe more, not really sure. And I remember I though they were kind of cool, really amazing and I was super excited to read the third. But it was a really long time until I got the third one, and when I did I decided to read them all as a marathon. That time is now. And I really can't remember what did I like so much about this books that made me read them and seek for the third. Seriously, they're kind of superficial and full of flaws and pet peeves of mine. Once again, this are the moments where you realize how much you've grown. The overall rating of the series would be two stars and a half out of five stars. Not really going to much into it because I have the reviews coming up soon, where I talk long and hard on them. But I did give the third book a three out of five stars on Goodreads. It was slightly better.

After that I read around 100+ pages of The Titan's Curse, I'm currently reading it, so it'll be on my August TBR. And somewhere between Ghostgirl and City of Fallen Angels I read forty or so pages of City of Lost Souls. I don't remember shit anything about them so I'll start reading it from the beginning, again, part of my TBR.

That's all the books I've read this months. It was kind of a poor reading month, but I'm not really sad about. But I do expect to step up my game this month, since I'll be a hell of a lot freer than last month.

And as always, thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful, full of books, no-spoiler day!

No comments:

Post a Comment